Saturday, January 8, 2011

Are You Kidding?

I am so excited to have my goat girls back home! Chris and I went over to my friend Sarah's and picked them up today. They've been on a month-long romantic rendezvous with her buck. She has a great set up with separate pens. I didn't expect it to take a full month, but it did. Cycles repeat every 18 to 21 days. Sarah would keep an eye on them and when their tails got twitchy and they started acting all silly, she'd put them in the the buck, one by one. This way we know for sure when they were bred. Sweet Pea was the last one. She was bred on Thursday, so after Kelly's birthday in June, all of the goat should have kidded. Perfect for the start of kid's camp!
BTW, I love the online gestation calculators available, such as this one. All you have to do is type in the breeding date and the due date pops up.

Tasha is due May 13.
Mama goat is due May 23.
Sweet Pea is due June 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment